Starting out as a mere thought, this travel blog has really turned into something I could have never imagined! I developed this website while in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic-- when I had a TON of time on my hands.
I had planned to study abroad during the summer of 2020 in London, England, but once the pandemic struck, that plan went out the window. Instead of sulking about my amazing study abroad trip being canceled, I created Ellie's Travel Tips, and I couldn't be more happy!
After traveling to dozens of countries, I think I have a fairly good idea for what vacationers traveling around the world are looking for. As a recent college grad, it was pretty hard for me to find destinations, tips, and more specifically, cruises, geared towards college students. It honestly got so bad that I would literally spend hours searching Pinterest, Google, and even Instagram for the best vacation spots to visit!
That is one of the main reasons I decided to start my own travel blog-- for other eager young travelers searching for the top affordable vacations from an unbiased and reliable source. From simple packing tips and checklists to dream college cruise itineraries, it is my dream to inspire travelers around the world to find the best way to incorporate travel into their lifestyle!
I grew up in the southern Twin Cities region of Minnesota where I quickly memorized the MSP airport's top restaurant spots and side cuts to get to my gates quickly. I have fond memories of all sorts of vacations-- from intense 20-hours-at-a-time cross-country road trips to a crazy family reunion Disney cruise in the Caribbean.
As I mentioned earlier, I graduated with a degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Nebraska- Lincoln. For the past year or so I have been working in healthcare IT helping healthcare organizations support their Epic software. While I absolutely love what I am doing for a living, I also have a huge and growing passion for writing and travel. Thus, Ellie's Travel Tips was born!
- South American Cruise: December 2019 month-long cruise through the Panama Canal, around Cape Horn, and ending up in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Nebraska to Texas Road Trip: April 2018 daddy-daughter road trip during my freshmen year of college during Spring Break through Oklahoma down to southern Texas.
- Oahu and the Big Island: Summer 2021 girls trip to Oahu for a week in Waikiki and another week on the Big Island discovering countless unique adventures and natural attractions.
- Alaskan Cruisetour: August 2017 Alaskan travel adventure in dedication to my recently passed grandfather through an Inside Passage cruise and road trip to his hometown Kennicott, Alaska.
- Florida Spring Break: April 2019 Spring Break trip with my two besties. We explored the beautiful coastline of Florida with fun day trips to the Everglades and other top sites.
I would love to discuss any sponsorship or press trip opportunities with prospective brands and destinations interested in Ellie's Travel Tips. Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the contact form below to get the ball rolling! I will send over my media kit to give you a better picture of my reach and audience.
If you are looking to collaborate as a fellow travel blogger, either reach out to me on Facebook or complete my contact form below. I would love to see how we can create some helpful advice for my readers through a guest post or group collaboration. Please send your blog URL and what you were thinking for your post in your request so I can determine if we would be a great team.