Embark on a journey through the innovative world of Royal Caribbean‘s latest marvels in our comprehensive guide.
From the awe-inspiring “Star of the Seas” to the magnificent fleet additions like Icon, Utopia, Wonder, and Odyssey of the Seas, we dive deep into what makes each ship a unique testament to luxury and adventure.
Whether you’re a seasoned cruiser or planning your first voyage, join us in exploring the cutting-edge design, unparalleled amenities, and thrilling itineraries that set these Royal Caribbean newest ships apart in the world of cruising.
What are the newest Royal Caribbean ships?
- Star of the Seas (summer 2025)
- Utopia of the Seas (2024)
- Icon of the Seas (Early 2024)
- Wonder of the Seas (2022)
- Odyssey of the Seas (2021)
- Spectrum of the Seas (2019)
- Symphony of the Seas (2017)
- Harmony of the Seas (2016)
- Ovation of the Seas (2016)
- Anthem of the Seas (2015)
Star of the Seas: The Newest Ship
Overview and Unique Selling Points
The “Star of the Seas” represents a monumental leap in cruise ship innovation, setting a new benchmark in the world of luxury cruising. As Royal Caribbean’s latest addition, this Icon Class ship doubles down on thrilling experiences and relaxing amenities.
The vessel promises an unparalleled adventure with its record-breaking waterslides, expansive pools, and over 40 diverse dining and drinking options.
Its commitment to both excitement and tranquility makes it an ideal choice for all types of travelers, from adrenaline seekers to those seeking serene oceanic views.
Design and Technical Specifications
Embodying both elegance and cutting-edge technology, the “Star of the Seas” boasts impressive dimensions and state-of-the-art facilities. The ship is designed to be a floating marvel, striking a balance between grandeur and functional sophistication.
From its eco-friendly engineering to its awe-inspiring architectural aesthetics, every detail reflects Royal Caribbean‘s dedication to innovation and sustainable cruising.
Accommodation: Descriptions of Cabin Types
The “Star of the Seas” offers a range of accommodations to suit various preferences and budgets. From cozy interior staterooms to luxurious suites with panoramic ocean views, each room is crafted for comfort and style.
The ship also introduces unique living spaces like the multi-level family townhouses, providing an unmatched stay experience at sea with exclusive amenities and private outdoor areas.
Dining: Overview of Dining Options and Specialty Restaurants
Dining aboard the “Star of the Seas” is a culinary journey in itself, with over 40 options that cater to every palate. The ship features a mix of included dining experiences and specialty restaurants, ranging from casual eateries to upscale gourmet venues.
Whether it’s savoring exotic flavors at an Asian fusion restaurant or enjoying a classic steakhouse meal, the ship offers a diverse array of culinary delights.
Entertainment and Activities: Highlighting Waterslides, Pools, and Entertainment Options
Entertainment on the “Star of the Seas” is a blend of high-energy thrills and relaxing pursuits. The ship houses six record-breaking waterslides, each offering a unique adrenaline rush.
The seven pools, including an adults-only oasis, provide ample space for relaxation and soaking in the scenic views. In addition, guests can enjoy live shows, rock the house with dynamic entertainment, or engage in various onboard activities designed for all ages.
Itineraries and Destinations: Focus on Perfect Day at CocoCay and Other Stops
The “Star of the Seas” offers itineraries that include stops at Royal Caribbean’s exclusive destination, Perfect Day at CocoCay, along with other breathtaking locations.
Each sailing is crafted to provide an immersive experience in the culture, beauty, and adventure of each destination, promising unforgettable memories for its guests.
Upcoming Features: What’s to be Revealed for Summer 2025
As the “Star of the Seas” prepares for its grand arrival in summer 2025, anticipation builds for the unveiling of more groundbreaking features. Royal Caribbean has hinted at numerous innovations and surprises that will redefine the cruising experience. Stay tuned for updates and reveals that promise to enhance the allure of this magnificent ship.
photo: Royal Caribbean International
Icon of the Seas
Introduction and Key Features
The Icon of the Seas, scheduled to set sail in early 2024, marks a significant milestone in Royal Caribbean’s history. This Icon Class vessel is engineered to amaze, offering a blend of innovation and luxury.
It features eight distinct neighborhoods, each with its own character and attractions, seven pools, and the title of the largest waterpark at sea. Designed to accommodate families, couples, and solo travelers alike, the Icon of the Seas is more than just a ship; it’s a floating destination.
Accommodation: Exploring the Variety of Staterooms and Suites
Accommodations on the Icon of the Seas redefine onboard luxury. From basic interior staterooms to extravagant suites, the ship offers a wide array of options. The Ultimate Family Townhouse is a highlight, featuring three stories of lavish living space, a private slide, and an outdoor area complete with a ping pong table, making it a dream come true for families.
Dining Options: Coverage of the 11 Included Dining Options and Specialty Restaurants
The culinary landscape of the Icon of the Seas is as diverse as it is delightful. With 11 included dining options plus round-the-clock room service, guests can indulge in a variety of cuisines.
The nine unique specialty restaurants on board, including Izumi Hibachi and Sushi, Empire Supper Club, and Chops Grille Steakhouse, cater to those seeking a more exclusive dining experience. A Starbucks on board ensures that coffee lovers are also well catered to.
Entertainment and Amenities: Focus on Pools, Waterslides, and Nightlife
Entertainment aboard the Icon of the Seas is both diverse and engaging. The ship boasts the largest pool at sea, complemented by nine whirlpools, offering ample opportunities for relaxation and recreation.
The waterpark features six record-breaking waterslides, promising excitement for thrill-seekers. Nightlife is vibrant and varied, with options ranging from a dueling piano bar to a jazz and blues club, and the mesmerizing AquaTheater shows.
Itineraries: Detailing the Eastern and Western Caribbean Routes
The Icon of the Seas offers alternating seven-night sailings between the Eastern and Western Caribbean. The Western Caribbean itinerary includes stops at exotic destinations like Costa Maya and Cozumel in Mexico, and Roatan in Honduras, along with Royal Caribbean’s own Perfect Day at CocoCay.
The Eastern route offers a different palette of destinations, including Basseterre in St. Kitts and Nevis and Charlotte Amelie in St. Thomas, providing a rich and varied cruise experience.
PHOTO: ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL
Utopia of the Seas
Overview of the Ship and its Offerings
The Utopia of the Seas, set to debut in 2024, is a testament to Royal Caribbean’s continuous pursuit of excellence in cruising. As an Oasis Class ship, it brings together grandeur and innovation, offering an array of features that appeal to every type of traveler.
With a capacity to host 5,668 passengers and boasting a length of 1,188 feet, the Utopia of the Seas is a floating city, offering a myriad of experiences and amenities.
Cabin Types: Discussion on Interior, Ocean View, and Luxury Suites
Accommodations on the Utopia of the Seas are designed to cater to a range of preferences and budgets. From cozy interior rooms to ocean view rooms and balcony rooms, each space is crafted to provide comfort and elegance.
The luxury suites, such as the Ultimate Family Suite and the Solarium Suite with wraparound windows, offer an indulgent experience with their unique features and upscale amenities.
Dining: Overview of Included and Specialty Dining Experiences
Dining on the Utopia of the Seas is a journey in itself, with 10 different included dining experiences complemented by 24-hour room service.
The ship also boasts 10 specialty restaurants, providing guests with a wide array of choices, from a hibachi and sushi restaurant to a seafood restaurant and a Johnny Rockets. Whether looking for a quick bite or a sophisticated dining experience, Utopia of the Seas caters to all tastes and occasions.
Features: Highlighting Pools, Water Slides, Entertainment Options
The Utopia of the Seas is a paradise for those seeking both relaxation and adventure. The ship features five large pools, eight hot tubs, and three exciting water slides.
For entertainment, there are 23 bars, two casinos, an ice-skating rink, two rock climbing walls, and a zip line. The ship’s AquaTheater offers stunning performances, while the FlowRider Surf simulators provide a rush for surf enthusiasts.
Kids and teens have dedicated spaces like clubs, an Imagination Studio, and an arcade, ensuring fun for all ages.
Itineraries: Focus on Bahamas Sailings and Unique Short-Duration Trips
The Utopia of the Seas offers a refreshing approach to itineraries, focusing on shorter sailings to the Bahamas. The three-night sailings exclusively visit Royal Caribbean’s private island, Perfect Day at CocoCay, while the four-night sailings include an additional stop at Nassau, Bahamas.
This unique itinerary choice makes the Utopia of the Seas perfect for those seeking a quick yet luxurious escape.
PHOTO: ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL
Wonder of the Seas
Sailing the Friendly Seas since March 2022
The Wonder of the Seas, launched in March 2022, is a remarkable achievement in the world of cruise ships. As an Oasis-class vessel, it’s not just large; it’s record-breaking, boasting more rooms and suites than any other in the Oasis of the Seas class.
With 2,867 staterooms accommodating up to 7,084 guests and 2,204 crew members, the ship is a floating mega-resort, offering an array of experiences, amenities, and adventures.
Accommodation: Types of Staterooms and Suites
On the Wonder of the Seas, accommodations range from comfortable interior rooms to luxurious suites. Each category of stateroom is designed with guests’ comfort and convenience in mind, offering a variety of layouts and amenities.
The ship’s over-the-top suites, including the Ultimate Family Suite and the Royal Suite, provide an unmatched level of luxury, making them ideal for those seeking a more exclusive and pampered cruise experience.
Dining: Exploring the Range of Dining Options
The culinary offerings on the Wonder of the Seas are as diverse as they are plentiful. With nine complimentary dining options, guests can enjoy a wide range of cuisines and dining styles.
The ship also features 11 specialty restaurants, including a steakhouse, a seafood restaurant, and Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen and Wine Bar, providing guests with an opportunity to indulge in more exclusive dining experiences. A Starbucks on board ensures that coffee aficionados are well catered to.
Entertainment and Activities: Central Park, AquaTheater, and More
Entertainment on the Wonder of the Seas is both abundant and varied. The ship features its own Central Park, complete with 11 bars and lounges, as well as specialized areas for kids and teens.
The AquaTheater offers stunning shows, while the rock-climbing walls, whirlpools, and laser tag provide active fun for all ages. With 19 swimming pools, an ice rink, and a casino, the Wonder of the Seas ensures that every moment onboard is filled with excitement and entertainment.
Itineraries: Detailing Caribbean Routes
The Wonder of the Seas offers seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries from Port Canaveral, Florida. The Eastern itinerary includes stops at exotic locations like Charlotte Amelie in St. Thomas and Phillipsburg in St. Maarten, along with Perfect Day at CocoCay.
The Western itinerary, on the other hand, visits Cozumel and Costa Maya in Mexico, Roatan in Honduras, and the cruise line’s private island, offering a diverse range of destinations for guests to explore.
PHOTO: ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL
Odyssey of the Seas
An Introduction to the Quantum Ultra Class Ship
The Odyssey of the Seas, a member of Royal Caribbean’s Quantum Ultra Class, offers a slightly different but equally thrilling cruising experience. Launched in 2021, it’s a testament to modern cruise ship design, combining luxury with innovative features.
This ship, smaller than the Oasis Class vessels but no less impressive, offers a unique blend of intimacy and adventure. With a capacity for 4,198 guests and manned by 1,612 crew members, the Odyssey of the Seas stands as a pinnacle of contemporary cruise ship engineering and design.
Accommodation: Diverse Cabin Types and Suites
Accommodations on the Odyssey of the Seas are thoughtfully designed to cater to various preferences, offering everything from interior staterooms to lavish suites.
The ship features unique room types like interior rooms with virtual balconies, providing floor-to-ceiling, real-time views of the sea and destinations.
The suites, such as the Owner’s Loft Suite and the Grand Loft Suite, offer expansive and luxurious living spaces, perfect for those seeking an elevated cruising experience.
Dining: A World of Flavors on Board
The Odyssey of the Seas presents a more intimate dining experience with seven included eateries, ranging from a main dining room and casual bistro to the ship’s main buffet.
Additionally, seven specialty dining venues offer a diverse culinary journey, from the Chef’s Table experience to a Chops Grille and a sushi and hibachi restaurant. The presence of a Starbucks on board ensures that guests can always enjoy their favorite coffee.
Features: Entertainment and Activities for All Ages
The ship is packed with activities and entertainment options. The Odyssey boasts eight dedicated bars and lounges, a rock-climbing wall, an outdoor movie screen, and a casino.
For families and the young-at-heart, bumper cars, laser tag, and an arcade provide endless fun. The ship also features a FlowRider surf simulator and a skydiving simulator, adding unique experiences to the guests’ itineraries.
Itineraries: Global Adventures and Unique Destinations
Odyssey of the Seas offers a range of itinerary options, appealing to a broad spectrum of travelers. The ship sets sail from various ports, including Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and offers six-night and seven-night Caribbean sailings.
These itineraries feature stops at locations like Labadee, Haiti, and Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, in addition to Royal Caribbean’s exclusive Perfect Day at CocoCay.
In 2024, Odyssey of the Seas will embark on a 14-day transatlantic cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Rome, Italy, followed by voyages around the Greek Islands and eventually returning to Cape Liberty, New Jersey, with stops in popular destinations like Nassau, Bahamas.
The Odyssey of the Seas, with its unique blend of itineraries, accommodations, dining options, and entertainment features, represents Royal Caribbean’s commitment to innovation and guest satisfaction. Its smaller size compared to the Oasis and Icon Class ships allows for a more intimate cruising experience without sacrificing the excitement and luxury that Royal Caribbean is known for.
With the exploration of the Odyssey of the Seas, we’ve concluded our detailed look at Royal Caribbean’s newest ships, each offering a unique experience at sea. The next section of our guide will provide a comparative analysis of these ships, helping you choose the perfect vessel for your next cruising adventure.
PHOTO: ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL
Comparative Analysis of Royal Caribbean’s Newest Ships
When choosing a cruise with Royal Caribbean, understanding the unique features of each of their newest ships can help tailor the perfect vacation experience. Here’s a comparative analysis of the Star of the Seas, Icon of the Seas, Utopia of the Seas, Wonder of the Seas, and Odyssey of the Seas:
Size and Class
- The Star of the Seas and Icon of the Seas are part of the innovative Icon Class, known for their large size and groundbreaking amenities.
- The Utopia of the Seas and Wonder of the Seas belong to the Oasis Class, famous for their immense scale and neighborhood concept.
- The Odyssey of the Seas is a Quantum Ultra Class ship, offering a more intimate yet technologically advanced cruising experience.
- The Star of the Seas introduces unique accommodations like multi-level family townhouses.
- The Icon of the Seas and Utopia of the Seas offer a wide range of suites, including the extravagant Ultimate Family Suite.
- The Wonder of the Seas has a variety of staterooms, emphasizing luxurious suites.
- The Odyssey of the Seas features innovative virtual balconies in interior rooms, a unique offering in the fleet.
- The Star of the Seas, Icon of the Seas, and Utopia of the Seas boast over 20 dining options each, ranging from casual eateries to upscale dining experiences.
- The Wonder of the Seas and Odyssey of the Seas offer a diverse array of dining options, though slightly fewer in number compared to their larger counterparts.
Entertainment and Amenities
- The Star of the Seas and Icon of the Seas are set to feature record-breaking waterslides and the largest waterparks at sea.
- Utopia of the Seas and Wonder of the Seas include signature Oasis Class amenities like the AquaTheater and Central Park.
- The Odyssey of the Seas offers unique features like bumper cars and a skydiving simulator.
- The Star of the Seas and Icon of the Seas focus on Caribbean itineraries with stops at Perfect Day at CocoCay.
- The Utopia of the Seas offers shorter Bahamas sailings, perfect for quick getaways.
- The Wonder of the Seas and Odyssey of the Seas provide a mix of Caribbean and transatlantic voyages, offering a variety of experiences.
This comparative analysis highlights the diversity within Royal Caribbean’s newest fleet, showing that each ship has its own unique appeal. Whether it’s the size, accommodations, dining, entertainment, or itineraries, each ship offers something special, making Royal Caribbean a versatile choice for all types of cruisers.
FAQs About Royal Caribbean’s Newest Ships
- What is unique about Royal Caribbean’s newest ship, Star of the Seas?
- The Star of the Seas is unique for its record-breaking waterslides, numerous pools with epic views, and a wide variety of dining and entertainment options. It also features innovative accommodations like multi-level family townhouses.
- How does the Icon of the Seas differ from other Royal Caribbean ships?
- The Icon of the Seas stands out with its eight unique neighborhoods, the largest waterpark at sea, and a variety of innovative cabin types, including the Ultimate Family Townhouse.
- Are the dining options on Utopia of the Seas different from other ships?
- Yes, Utopia of the Seas offers a unique selection of over 20 dining experiences, including specialty restaurants and 24-hour room service, each providing a diverse culinary journey.
- Can I find activities for children on the Wonder of the Seas?
- Absolutely! The Wonder of the Seas features numerous kid-friendly activities and spaces, including an AquaTheater, rock-climbing walls, and dedicated kids’ and teens’ clubs.
- What makes Odyssey of the Seas stand out in the Quantum Ultra Class?
- Odyssey of the Seas is renowned for its technologically advanced features, including virtual balconies in interior rooms, a variety of unique dining experiences, and entertainment options like bumper cars and a skydiving simulator.
- Are there any exclusive destinations that these ships visit?
- Yes, many of these ships visit Royal Caribbean’s private island, Perfect Day at CocoCay, offering exclusive experiences like private beaches, waterparks, and various island activities.
- What types of cabins are available on these ships?
- These ships offer a range of cabin types, from cozy interior rooms to luxurious suites with exclusive amenities. The Star of the Seas and Icon of the Seas feature unique accommodations like the Ultimate Family Townhouse.
- Is there a dress code for dining on these ships?
- The dress code varies by restaurant. Some dining venues have a casual dress code, while others, particularly specialty restaurants, may require formal attire.
- Are there facilities for people with disabilities on these ships?
- Yes, Royal Caribbean ships are equipped with accessible cabins and facilities, along with services to accommodate guests with disabilities.
- Can I stay connected with Wi-Fi on board?
- Yes, all of these ships offer Wi-Fi connectivity, though it may be subject to an additional charge.
- Are there adult-only areas on these ships?
- Yes, each of these ships has adult-only areas, such as certain pools and lounges, providing a tranquil escape for adults.
- What types of onboard entertainment can I expect?
- Entertainment varies by ship but generally includes live shows, movie screenings, nightclubs, bars, and special events like themed parties and parades.